Sunday 14 April 2019

Oxon pics 11 - 13 April


Here are some images from my various Oxon destinations over the last few days. Moving to part time working has its advantages!

1. Farmoor Reservoir, 11 April 

Success at last on the causeway with a couple of Yellow Wags - early on before anyone else got there (although it was a close run thing)!

Yellow Wagtail
For a larger image, go to my website here 

Yellow Wagtail
For a larger image, go to my website here 

Injured Ringed Plover
For a larger image, go to my website here 

2. Otmoor - 12 April
A quiet visit, apart from a Gropper heard from Morleys - near the feeders. Only this Reed Bunting, from the hide, came close enough to have its photo taken.

Reed Bunting - almost too close!
For a larger image, go to my website here

3. Linky Down - 13 April
I first returned to Farmoor and saw little, managing to miss the Little Bunting by a few minutes. So I thought I'd try Linky Down for the Ring Ouzels afterwards. Here my luck changed and there were at least 3 birds on show when I arrived - 2 males and a female. They are always distant here, but this time a little closer than usual. The long lens with the x2 converter helped with this one (and all of the above for that matter). 

Ring Ouzel

No comments:

Post a Comment