Tuesday 19 June 2018

Colin revisited: 16 June

As it is pretty quiet in Oxon at present, and the forecast wasn't good enough for dragons, today I decided to head back to Thursley Common for another session with Colin, before he departs on the long and hazardous journey south to Africa and possibly back again next year.

Again I arrived mid-morning but this time I found he had already been seen at least once. I settled in for a longer stay that last time, when it had started to rain early afternoon. In the 7 hours or so I was present, he appeared three times. The supporting cast had dwindled to just one (ringed) male Redstart - that was clearly feeding young. Towards the end, I tried for some landing shots for the first time, assisted by another Colin and a younger helper!

For a larger image, click here

For a larger image, click here

For a larger image, click here





For a gallery with all my Cuckoo shots, go to here

No comments:

Post a Comment